This is a very important first step which should precede chanting of any mantras. Taking refuge instantly places. You under the protection of the Buddhas & Bodhisattvas of the ten directions.
THE FOUR IMMEASURABLES
THE SEVEN LIMB PRAYER
- May all sentient beings abide in equanimity, free of anger and attachment.
- May all sentient beings have happiness and the causes of happiness.
- May all sentient beings be free of sufferings and the causes of suffering.
- May all sentient beings never be separated from the happiness of higher rebirths.
- Reverently I prostrate with my body, speech and mind.
- I present clouds of every type of offering, actual and mentally transformed.
- I confess all my negative actions accumulated since beginningless time.
- And rejoice in the virtues of all holy and ordinary beings.
- Please remain with us until samsara ends.
- And turn the wheel of Dharma for all sentient beings.
- I dedicate all the virtues of myself and others to the great enlightenment.